7:00 AM Tuesday 27th March: Developing a Strategic Master Plan to Control Accommodation Affordability and Maintain Long Term Service
Developing a Master Plan or Accommodation Action Plan is becoming an essential part of recognising areas for investment and growth with your development projects. Identifying the strategic drivers for infrastructure, design, facilities and student experience will help to combat the constraints on affordability and maintaining long term service. This workshop will help you to develop a richer understanding for how to strategically refresh your current plan or create a new business approach to student accommodation development.
What will the workshop cover?
- Identifying the building design and what type of build will best meet goals and expectations for combatting challenges around pricing
- Developing a strategic asset management plan to extend the life cycle of the building
- Enhancing your focus on sustainability and how this can ensure long term life cycle and cost of facilities and utilities
- Future innovation: How you can effectively repurpose or renovate existing spaces to meet changing future demand and maintain long term life cycle
9:50 AM Australia’s Development Pipeline – How the Industry can Collaborate to Meet the Growing Demand Now and the Future
Universities and developers alike will need to change mindsets for the future to collectively enlighten campus and accommodation experience for students. With education services going online, how might this challenge the retention of students at campuses and accommodation to enable to whole of university experience? In this keynote, Mick will discuss the potential investment and development options for future student accommodation and the evolving models to be embraced to secure Australia’s global competitiveness.
- Australia’s long term vision for student accommodation: What can we expect in the next 5-10 years?
- Financing and project delivery: Leveraging opportunities for refurbishing and redevelopment through partnerships
- Developing standards for student centric designs for the international market to maintain global competitiveness